Faymen Phorchin is one of the secondary characters of Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, only in Season 3.
He's Moze's crush, and later boyfriend in the third season until the episode "Guide to: Tests and When You Like Someone Who Is Going Out With Someone Else", where he leaves to play pro soccer in Brazil. His name is a pun on the words "Fame and Fortune". When he kisses Moze, Moze feels nothing and says there is no spark, unlike Moze's kiss with Ned Bigby. At the end of the series, he chooses to go back home to play soccer instead of staying in America with Moze after she finds out Ned likes her. He does reappear in stock footage in the series finale, however.
- In Season 3, episode 8 ("Guide to: The Bus and Bad Hair Days") the Spanish teacher talks to Faymen in Spanish and he says that he misses his home in Brazil, but in Brazil, the national language is Portuguese and not Spanish.
- In the Brazilian dub, though, he's actually Hispanic, so it would make sense that he speaks Spanish.
- Spanish and Portuguese are very similar to each other, so even if a Portuguese-speaker isn't fluent in Spanish, they'd probably be able to understand them (for the most part at least) due to how similar their native languages are.
- His full name is pronounced "Fame and Fortune."
- Faymen's actor, Vinicius Machado, is also of Brazilian descent and is actually from Brazil.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|